Smartphones are popularly used for scouring the web, however many people do not know how to delete the browsing history and that may mean their privacy becomes invaded if in the wrong hands.
Surfing the web is what the majority of smartphones are used for nowadays and many people do not realise the risks of not deleting the browsing history after every use. For those who do not want others to see any pages they have previously visited, it may be a clever idea to delete the browsing history completely.
Why it is a good idea to delete the browsing history on your smartphone
- Not only is it crucial to delete the browsing history on your smartphone for the sake of your phone's memory, but it's important because it protects your safety. When leaving the browsing history on your phone from countless pages visited, strangers can view these pages and see your bank details, statements, personal information and much more. It may also leave a considerable trail to make it easier for hackers and malware to seep into your phone.
- Another reason to delete the browsing history would be to get a better performance on your smartphone. When leaving browsing history to clog up in your smartphone's memory, your phone will not respond as well, will get considerably slower and may even crash altogether.
How to delete the browsing history on your smartphone
- Whatever smartphone you possess, it is relatively easy to delete the history. To begin with it is a good idea to delete your browsing cache. Open up the tab that allows you to view your browser. Then click 'Menu'. Upon clicking this you should be able to click 'More' then 'Settings' and 'Clear cache'. Once you click 'clear cache' a prompt will appear, just click 'Ok'.
- Now you have deleted your browsing cache you can move on to your second job. This is to delete the browsing history. This is done in the same manner as the previous step but it requires you to click on the tab that says 'Clear history' after the 'Settings' menu.
- The third job is to clear the browser form data. This holds a lot of memory and is required to ensure your phone runs smoothly with no glitches. Simply follow the previous steps and change the step after 'Settings' to 'Clear form data'.
- The fourth and final job is to clear browser cookies. Once again, change the step after 'Settings' to 'Clear all cookie data'. You have now been able to delete the browsing history, which should not only protect you from any harmful activity, but will also give you a high performance smartphone!